Saturday, December 8, 2012

BEFORE PHONES WERE NOT FOR THE POOR


 BEFORE PHONES WERE NOT FOR THE POOR

Once upon a time “telecommunications were not for the poor” This is a statement credited to the current Senate President of the Federal Republic  of Nigeria. He made this assertion when he was the then communication Minister during the regime of General Ibrahim Bademosi Babaginda, commonly referred to as IBB.

Fortune smiled on Nigerians when Chief Olusegun Obasanjo became the President of Nigeria in 1999, the telecommunication Industry became liberalized; some powerful players in the Industry were allowed to come into Nigeria.
From a tough beginning to an era, when even with as little as two thousand naira(N2000:00) phones can be purchased in Nigeria.

I remember my first phone was Dorado, it had limited features. I moved to other variants of Nokia phones, I was a committed user of Nokia phones. I loved rugged brands of nokia.I cannot forget Nokia 10.

We are in the 21st century and things have changed, the common man in Nigeria can get phones at relatively low price. One of the Nokia brands I love most is Nokia 200.
In subsequent articles I shall talk the outstanding qualities of this phone

No comments:

Post a Comment